After your appointment
For the first 48 hours after your treatment is the time to let your skin breathe...
- Expose the skin to sun, sunlight or sun beds.
- Use a steam room, sauna or any heat treatment.
- Have a bath or shower.
- Swim in chlorinated water.
- Do aerobics or any exercise.
- Apply any heat or friction to the skin what so ever.
- Apply any moisturisers or body lotions.
- Apply body sprays or deodorants or perfumes.
- Apply talc, makeup or false tan.
- Wear tights, leggings or tight fitting clothing.
- Have a massage.
Hair may start to re-grow within 7 – 10 days following treatment.
Allow 4- 6 weeks between treatments.
Immediately after treatment, the area may be red or slightly inflamed if so apply a cooling lotion after waxing.
To get the best possible result, there are a few things you can do to prepare...
- Trim long hair down to approximately 1cm.
- On the day of your appointment, exfoliate the area well and keep it free of deodrant, body lotion, or creams.
- Consult your therapist if you are currently suffering from sunburn, taking medication, or have a skin condition.
- Avoid any type of tanning 24 hours prior to your treatment.
Suffering from In-growing hairs?
In-growing hairs can be caused by:
- Any type of waxing due to the build up of dead skin cells on the surface of the skin.
- Weakening of hairs not being able to push through the skin.
- Weakening of hair pores, which can no longer give correct direction for hair growth, causing hair to grow inwards.
- Wearing tight clothing after a wax which blocks pores.
- Dry skin also plays a big role in encouraging in-growing hairs. Exfoliating and moisturising is essential.
Please speak to our therapists regarding any ingrowing hair issues and they will advise you on how to combat this problem.
A break through solution for the treatment of ingrown hairs.This revolutionary product mildly exfoliates, decongests and helps minimise the appearance and discomfort of ingrown hairs whilst moisturising and soothing angry looking red spots. Great for after waxing, shaving and congested skin. Perfect for sensitive skin.
Directions: Apply to dry skin daily. Spray directly onto the area and massage in with clean hands twice daily for as long as necessary. For the face, spray ingrown-x-it solution onto a cotton disk and then apply to skin. Do not wash off and apply moisturiser 10 minutes after application.
Anti Bump Foaming Gel!
With carefully chosen purifying ingredients, anti bump foaming gel leaves skin super clean, soft, smooth and moisturised. Highy effective in combatting ingrown hairs, blemishes, congested pores and bumpy skin. It is Ph Balanced so perfect to use an intimate wash.
Directions: Use daily as a hand or body wash, For body, apply to a mitt or loofah in the shower, or simply add to running bath water to create a bubble bath.